Computer/ Operations Technician (Day or Night Shift)
Bitdeer Group is a leader in the crypto-mining space. It is the largest supplier of hashrate and one of the largest holders of proprietary hashrate in the world, empowering miners from around the world. It was founded by Jihan Wu, an early advocate and pioneer in cryptocurrency who cofounded multiple leading companies serving the crypto economy. Matt Linghui Kong, the CEO of Bitdeer Group, provides leadership through deep industry knowledge and technology expertise.
Headquartered in Singapore, Bitdeer Group operates around the world with major data centers in the United States and Norway. It offers specialized mining infrastructure, high-quality hash rate sharing products, and reliable hosting services to global miners.
Dedication, authenticity, and trustworthiness are foundational to our mission of becoming the world’s most reliable provider of full-spectrum crypto mining services. We welcome global talent to join us in shaping the future – by making crypto mining services accessible to all.
About the team
Our local entity in Knoxville, TN is seeking Computer Maintenance Technician candidates to join our growing organization.
In the Computer Ops Techician position, you will be responsible for performing highly diversified duties such as install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
This is an on-site role based in Knoxville, TN, and is not a remote position.
Please review shifts below, as this is a compressed work week. You are encouraged to find out more about the products we use by visiting https://www.bitdeer.com/about-us.
Day Shift (Compressed Work Week)
- Sunday-Wednesday, 5.45am-6pm
- Wednesday-Saturday, 5.45am-6pm
Night Shift (Compressed Work Week, Extra $ Night Shift Differential)
- Sunday-Wednesday, 5.45pm-6am
- Wednesday-Saturday, 5.45pm-6am
What you will be responsible for
- Work ethic and performance: Time sensitive and urgency awareness needed while diagnosing problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjust.
- Physically being onsite where machines are and reviewing functionality of machines.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines (miners), and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Physical supervision of mining machines and network equipment.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Manage daily operation and management of heat dissipation equipment.
- Assist in the configuration and deployment of replacement machines.
- Respond to unit power failures, assists with network issues, and local temperature overheating, etc.) and ensure the stable operation of the mining machine.
- Asset tagging and updating asset tracking software logs for all equipment.
- Provide daily reports for operations and maintenance of machines and equipment.
- Analyze requirements, issues, and daily workflow for the operation of the mining facility, while promoting and enhancing the efficiency of the operation and maintenance of the facility.
- Create technical reports to assist with the compilation of operations and maintenance knowledge base and materials.
- Note: This position is eligible for monthly performance based bonus
How you will stand out
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Good understanding of software including: Microsoft Office and Outlook, Inventory management, and machine monitoring software.
- Ability to work with your hands, strong mechanical competency/knowledge.
- Hard worker, results oriented, with strong learning and analyzing ability.
- Good communication and coordination skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be frequently exposed to heat, noise, and vibrations. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The exposure will not be constant but will occupy a large amount of time during the day.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. You will be required to frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
Preferred but not mandatory
- Technical degree in computer-related major, electronic, or electrical related field.
- 1-2 years of relevant working experience.
What you will experience working with us:
- A culture that values authenticity and diversity of thoughts and backgrounds;
- An inclusive and respectable environment with open workspaces and exciting start-up spirit;
- Fast-growing company with the chance to network with industrial pioneers and enthusiasts;
- Ability to contribute directly and make an impact on the future of the digital asset industry;
- Involvement in new projects, developing processes/systems;
- Personal accountability, autonomy, fast growth, and learning opportunities;
- Attractive welfare benefits and developmental opportunities such as training and mentoring.
Bitdeer is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in accordance with country, state, and local laws. Bitdeer does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on conditions such as race, colour, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital and/or parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background or social origin, social status, disability, age, indigenous status, and union.