People Operations Manager (hybrid)
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? Ava Labs makes it simple to deploy high-performance solutions for Web3, led by innovations on Avalanche. The company was founded by Cornell computer scientists, who partnered with Wall Street veterans and early Web3 leaders to execute a promising vision for redefining the way people build permissionless networks. Ava Labs is redefining the way people create value with Web3. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
Our People Team is looking for an experienced and dynamic candidate to join our team as a People Operations Manager. As a People Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading performance management and learning development across the entire organization from onboarding through the entirety of the employee lifecycle. This role will enhance relationships and networks with senior internal/external partners. The ideal candidate should be able to adapt to different audiences and be very comfortable advising managers of all levels on difficult matters. This person would also work autonomously and be responsible for the People Teams analytics and KPIs through our tech stack and ticketing system.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Owning/leading the onboarding experience for all staff, including HRIS management, contract management, training, etc
- Leading performance management and analytics for the entire Company, including being the team lead and relationship owner of Lattice and future training programming or vendors
- Guide and coach managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex people matters (e.g., performance management and total rewards)
- Provide partnership, leadership, direction, counsel, and expertise to enable business leaders to manage current staffing and headcount planning
- Promote an inclusive and happy work environment that embraces diversity and allows team members to bring their authentic selves to work and thrive
- Review and analyze business data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve employee happiness, performance, retention, and overall experience
- Lead or support in cross-functional projects, best practices, and initiatives that enhance the employee experience, organizational effectiveness, and global People Team strategy
- Participate in and manage People Team projects as needed
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or HR Management preferred but not required
- SHRM-CP or PHR strongly preferred but not required
- 2+ years of experience in a startup environment
- 5+ years of experience in the areas of employee relations, performance management, learning and development, compensation and benefits, diversity and inclusion, HR compliance, HR analytics, organizational development, employee wellness and engagement, and HR technology.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of various cyclical HR functions
- Experience managing HRIS and Performance Management tools (Experience with Rippling and Lattice is a plus)
- Demonstrable track record of consulting with senior leadership to build long-range HR strategies
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, communication, negotiation, conflict management, and interpersonal skills.
- Track record of high integrity and credibility
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Change management experience
- Exceptional data entry skills and a sharp eye for detail
- Ability to make sound decisions and work under pressure
- Ability to work in a hybrid work environment with onsite being in the NYC area
NICE TO HAVE
- Strong familiarity with Rippling, Lattice, Sequoia, Deel, Navan, Officely
- Familiarity with Global Jurisdictions
Salary Range: $110,400 to $137,800
(**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.