Business Development Manager, Gaming
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? Ava Labs makes it simple to deploy high-performance solutions for Web3, led by innovations on Avalanche. The company was founded by Cornell computer scientists, who partnered with Wall Street veterans and early Web3 leaders to execute a promising vision for redefining the way people build permissionless networks. Ava Labs is redefining the way people create value with Web3. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
Are you eager to join a dynamic and rapidly growing industry at the forefront of innovation? Are you a Business Development Manager looking for your next opportunity? We are looking for a gaming focused Business Development Manager to join our team. The Business Development Manager in Gaming will support our Director of Gaming by managing complex business development deals from inception to execution. We are seeking someone who is eager to drive the future of the industry with out of the box ideas and a hunger to keep learning. In this role, you will have the opportunity to influence key partner teams, propose business strategies, and own execution plans end to end. If this sounds like something you’re interested in, please apply today!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Supporting the Director of Gaming to define overall gaming strategy and execution
- Managing complex business development deals from inception to execution
- Communicating feedback to managers about current business development landscape
- Communicating budget, product, and marketing needs to ensure partnership success
- Tracking new markets and emerging trends relating to gaming/culture and blockchain applications, recommending new products and services, propose and develop new strategic partnerships
- Evaluate opportunities to initiate and execute first-of-its-kind strategic partnerships within the web3 gaming vertical
- Managing BD Associates in their day to day operating, deal structuring, and execution
- Onboarding and training new associates and hires
- Represent the Ava Labs Gaming team externally at events, conferences, Twitter spaces, and more
- Setting and communicating team and firm policies and procedures
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or related field; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of business development experience working preferably with a focus on gaming
- 3+ years in a start-up environment
- Extensive established network with strong ability to prospect, leverage and identify opportunities
- Familiarity with tokenomics, game design, and/or gaming infrastructure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with key people or organizations
- Passion for crypto/web3 and eagerness to consume latest news and developments
- Thorough attention to detail and high organizational skills
- Comfortable working with low oversight, being proactive and anticipating future needs
Salary Range: $127,000 to $150,850
(**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.