Sr. Technical Product Manager - Platform Engineering
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? Ava Labs makes it simple to deploy high-performance solutions for Web3, led by innovations on Avalanche. The company was founded by Cornell computer scientists, who partnered with Wall Street veterans and early Web3 leaders to execute a promising vision for redefining the way people build permissionless networks. Ava Labs is redefining the way people create value with Web3. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
We are looking for a Sr. Technical Product Manager - Platform to join our Product Team and manage the scaling of critical engineering assets by providing a technical buffer for stakeholders; both internal and external. The ideal person will have a keen ability to summarize stakeholder communications/goals and ensure that assets on the Avalanche platform are capable of appropriately adjusting through the planning process. If you enjoy influencing key internal and external partner teams to align business strategy this could be the role for you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Define platform product strategy in collaboration with key stakeholders and provide strategic guidance for roadmap priorities on our projects for Avalanche primitives (SDKs, custom virtual machines, tooling, etc.).
- Research platform users need(s) to inform the engineering team of target audience product feature needs/requests; while clearly articulating existing value propositions to end users.
- Work with internal (Eng/Product/BD/DevRel) and external collaborators ( Partners/Ecosystem Projects) to articulate and summarize platform strategy. This includes; clearly communicating product specifications (technical), driving stakeholder alignment of product focuses based on signaling, and ensuring all teams are in unison on GTM plans.
- Research new and emerging/competing technologies for regular analysis with engineering teams. Write and present comparison findings to platform collaborators; highlighting strategic recommendations on product differentiation to inform roadmap decisions.
- Summarizing and articulating proofs of concept as it pertains to compelling emerging technologies
- Work with the line of business directors to communicate impact and innovations opportunities
- Develop community outreach strategy through the translation of application use cases for broadcasting to community members and builders
- Align with the Product Support Engineering team to help deliver technical documentation and release notes; conveying new functionality and ongoing maintenance releases in a format that broader communities understand.
- Shape/establish brand and identity for platform technologies.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- 5+ years in product management and/or software development
- 2+ years of experience with blockchain/Web 3.0 technologies and tooling such as; consensus algorithms, SDKs, Layer 1/2 scaling solutions, RUST, Remix and/or Solidity
- Proven track record of successful zero to one product launches
- Strong communication skills, must be great at articulating a value proposition
- Ability to clearly articulate Product goals and how success will be measured
- Operational alignment skills to organize the right stakeholders, processes, and ensure technology tooling is in place to execute successfully
- Effective prioritizer and an ability to make decisions in ambiguous situations
- Proactive researcher of latest developments and product trends in the blockchain space
Base Salary Range: $133,000 - $166,400
(**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.