Senior Developer Relations Engineer
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? Ava Labs makes it simple to deploy high-performance solutions for Web3, led by innovations on Avalanche. The company was founded by Cornell computer scientists, who partnered with Wall Street veterans and early Web3 leaders to execute a promising vision for redefining the way people build permissionless networks. Ava Labs is redefining the way people create value with Web3. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
Attention all tech enthusiasts! We are looking for a Senior Developer Relations Engineer to join our cutting-edge blockchain company. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be a key player in shaping the future of decentralized technology and driving its widespread adoption. As a Senior Developer Relations Engineer, you will serve as the primary liaison between the development community and our company, building and maintaining relationships with developers, fostering a thriving ecosystem, and promoting the growth of blockchain technology. If you are passionate about technology and have a strong background in software engineering, we want to hear from you! Join our team and be a part of revolutionizing the future of finance and technology.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop and grow our global developer community
- Act as the principal liaison between builder communities and internal Product/Engineering teams
- Identify and address existing gaps in team resource needs, content, service, community engagement, grants / funding, etc.
- Create processes to ingest and respond to dev feedback more effectively
- Open Source Project Management
- Collaborate with a globally distributed team of Community Managers to optimize developer engagement in their regions (email, marketing, events, etc.)
- Design and optimize the developer support function for Avalanche hackathons and developer meetup events
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or related field
- Prior experience collaborating with open source contributors and external teams/partners
- Deep knowledge of layer 1 blockchain networks
- Strong understanding of Avalanche network fundamentals (whitepapers)
- Public speaking and “boots on the ground” community engagement experience
- Strong knowledge of the developer products and tooling market in web3
- Strong level understanding of Git and/or other open source tools
- Experience working with distributed backend systems built in Go or similar languages
- Ability to travel globally for conferences and regional hackathon
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience writing documentation and/or producing content
- Experience hosting workshops / teaching
Base Salary Range: $132,200 to $157,100
(**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Something looks off?