Developer Relations, India
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We’re looking for a talented and eager Developer Relations Engineer to support the growing developer community for Aptos in the APAC region.
This role will be a highly visible role in the organization and in the broader web3 ecosystem. You will not only manage our day-to-day online presence in APAC, you will also be responsible for keeping your finger on the pulse of what’s happening in the broader crypto ecosystem across the APAC region. You will help partners build development tools and platforms, establish strong relationships with the developer community and translate their needs into products that contribute to a world-class developer experience.
You should love community-building and have a knack for developing online relationships. You will be joining a lean team, and this role will have a lot of autonomy – you should be a self-starter and be capable of self-directed work.
What you'll be doing:
- Support the Ecosystem strategy for APAC while ensuring the growth and success of new and existing Web3 partnerships and ecosystem projects
- Create demo videos, twitter thread content, tutorials, blog posts and more, to promote Aptos Move.
- Improve developer experience by creating developer-focused tooling, tutorials, documentation.
- Contribute to the technical design and implementation of new products and protocols on Aptos
- Coordinate, give workshops at, and participate in meetups, hackathons, and conferences across Asia
- Active and engaged on topics of cryptocurrency and NFTs, and interested in continuously learning about various types of assets
- Comfortable working autonomously and in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment with an emphasis on cross-team communication
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience working with start-ups and/or scale-ups with notable experience in Web3 developer relations
- A passion and deep understanding of web3 ecosystems and knowledge of the current Layer 1 landscape
- Experience with programming languages such as Rust, Move, TypeScript, Solidity
- Strong understanding of blockchain ecosystems and the app landscape within Aptos and elsewhere
- Passion for startups – understanding of how startups operate and the unique characteristics of startup ecosystems and communities
- Some relevant business-level technical knowledge (fundamentals of blockchain and web3, with the ability to differentiate between Aptos and other blockchains)
- Analytical ability to set and assess success metrics/KPIs on a per-project basis
- Ability to communicate Aptos’ value proposition to startups and developers
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning, and task delegation)
- A high degree of comfort with ambiguity and a knack for quickly ramping up on new skills and functions.
- Self-starter and independent mindset, you are driven to create an impact in the organization
- Experience with internet culture, memes, Discord and Twitter
- Excellent English and regional language written and oral communication skills, as this role requires frequent communication with members of our community, members of our team, and various third parties
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents (US Employees)
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching (US Employees)
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.