Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We are in the process of building out the core marketing engine at Aptos. Events play a critical role in web3 and we are looking for an experienced, highly organized and creative events professional to manage this function. This role will plan events large and small, from local meetups, to international conferences, hackathons, VIP dinners, and team off-sites. This role will be an adventure. If you’re ready to join a highly-driven team and build out a first-class events program in one of the most exciting technologies of our time, then this role is for you.
What you'll be doing:
- Build repeatable processes to ensure the events program can scale efficiently as the company grows across a variety of event types and sizes
- Source and vet event opportunities to ensure we are investing our time and resources into highly relevant impactful events for our target market.
- Create and maintain event budgets and reports to provide visibility into ROI and logistics
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a proven track record of working successfully on deadlines
- Highly organized, task-oriented, and motivated by crossing items off of to-do lists
- Confident working autonomously when required
What we’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in corporate event planning, preferably at a technology company. Extra points for experience working planning or executing sponsored hackathons at a developer-focused organization.
- Relevant experience in an event coordination, hospitality, or communications role in a creative industry
- The ability to plan an event from start to finish at various venues, conferences, and locations across the world
- The ability to keep a constant pulse on relevant events in the web3 ecosystem
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as this role requires frequent communication to members of our community, members of our team, and various third parties
- Experience navigating and attending previous crypto/web3 conferences and events is a plus
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents (US Employees)
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching (US Employees)
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.