Member of People Operations
People & HR, Operations
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
Are you passionate about people operations and looking to make an impact in a dynamic and fast-growing company? We are seeking a Member of People Operations to join our team in Porto, Portugal. In this role, you will play a key role in managing Portuguese payroll and benefits, onboarding/offboarding processes, and workplace operations. If you thrive in a collaborative environment and are eager to contribute to building a positive and inclusive workplace culture, we want to hear from you!
We have created the Factors of Growth & Impact to help Villagers better measure impact and articulate coaching, feedback, and the rich and rewarding learning that happens while exploring, developing, and mastering the capabilities and contributions within and outside of the People Operations role:
- Proficiency with at least one modern HRIS (Ceridian, Workday, Bamboo, or other)
- Manage payroll and benefits administration, ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Coordinate the onboarding and offboarding process for employees, including paperwork, orientation sessions, and exit interviews.
- Oversee workplace experience, including facilities management, supplies inventory, and vendor relationships.
Complexity and Impact of Work:
- Manage sensitive employee data and confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Independently manage projects relating to implementation of all systems/vendors to support in house Portuguese benefits
- Work autonomously within the scope of team priorities, manage timelines, and set clear expectations for collaborators
- Manage ambiguity to create clear, concise, and digestible processes, documentation, and presentations for our Villagers.
- Ensure that all projects incorporate existing policies and procedures to maintain consistency for our Villagers.
- Identify opportunities for enhancements, streamlining and improving the candidate and employee experience
- Build strong relationships with employees at all levels of the organization to understand their needs and priorities.
- Exposure to Total Rewards programs and their impact on a growing organization
- Stay informed about industry trends and best practices in people operations and technology.
Communication and Influence:
- Lead with empathy when interacting and communicating with members of the Village and embody our culture within the domains of One Team, One Village, Creative & Curious, and Shared Consciousness.
- Contribute and add value to cross-functional projects across the Village, by working alongside members of the Village on a variety of projects.
- Advocate for employee needs and priorities within the organization, balancing individual concerns with business objectives.
- Collaborate within the People team and effectively communicate to drive shared consciousness across the different team functions.
- Effectively communicate policies and procedures and work with members of the Village on the need to shift thoughts or change established processes.
- Build and maintain relationships with managers and Villagers to establish trust and consistency.
You may be a fit for this role, if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in HR or people operations roles.
- Experience with PT payroll processing and benefits administration
- Proficiency with a modern HRIS (Ceridian, Workday, Lattice etc.)
- Experience driving culture initiatives across an organization
- Effective written and oral communication skills, with an exceptional attention to detail
- A desire and ability to operate in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have experience managing office relocation or transitions.
- Experience implementing new HR Systems (ideally, Ceridian and/or Workday)
- You have experience working remote or distributed teams.
- You have experience planning and executing employee engagement events or initiatives.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: €31,500+ this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. ****We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market-leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally.
- You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.