Member of Bank Planning & Governance
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
As a Member of Bank Planning & Governance, you are responsible for supporting strategic intelligence efforts for the Bank, coordinating Bank business planning and reporting, and supporting regulatory remediation and operational coordination efforts. You demonstrate ownership in applying your data analytics and project management expertise within the Bank to influence outcomes within and outside the team, and to deliver impactful and high-quality technical contributions.
You are responsible for performing data analytics to support strategic and operational decision-making at senior management bodies; producing written reports on new Bank programs in connection with Bank planning and attendant strategic risk management; supporting the documentation, analysis, and optimization of processes across Bank teams; and generally enhancing the data mechanisms and processes that drive Bank decision-making.
You will support in translating company goals and objectives into actionable Bank programs, and will contribute to the Bank’s long-term strategy and execution alongside our team of talented planners. You are a tech-savvy business analyst with strong technical, quantitative, and communication skills, who has the ability to contribute to meaningful program development efforts, and to the Bank’s culture. You are recognized as a reliable team member who can apply expertise to have influence within and outside the team.
We have created the Factors of Growth & Impact to help Villagers better measure impact and articulate coaching, feedback, and the rich and rewarding learning that happens while exploring, developing, and mastering the capabilities and contributions within and outside of the Member of Bank Planning & Governance role:
- Demonstrate knowledge of quantitative methods and related reporting (e.g. statistical analyses, interpretation, and identification of limitations of data), planning methodologies (e.g. product planning, business planning, etc.), and change- and project-management methodologies.
- Apply an understanding of data to build data pipelines to integrate and automate production reporting from source data systems.
- Draw on experience in management reporting to produce written reports for senior management.
- Apply quantitative methods to aid in crafting narratives to influence Bank strategy, and implement programs that systematize the use of strategic intelligence in ongoing decision-making.
Complexity and Impact of Work:
- Implement programs to systematically source, prioritize, and enhance Bank processes and staffing models, including those that require engineering and other resources from Bank affiliates.
- Apply statistical, forecasting, and other quantitative methods to translate enterprise strategy into discrete Bank targets in connection with client-related growth targets, financial outcomes, and risk appetite.
- Produce written and quantitative reports for senior management and the Bank board to inform and influence Bank strategy consistent with risk appetite.
- Contribute meaningfully to program builds or projects, usually multi-person projects that cross enterprise boundaries.
- Work is reviewed periodically through to completion and is consistent with Bank Operations standards. Deliver tools and programs that improve planning and prioritization quality, and corresponding Bank operations performance and scalability.
- Are a contributor of high quality who makes impactful technical and written contributions, monitors performance and risk thresholds, and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Are aware of the strategy of Anchorage Digital to guarantee its successful implementation.
- Monitor the development of company objectives and/or trends that may affect the Bank’s capacity to succeed.
Communication and Influence:
- Clearly communicates the status of work and proactively shares information that impacts other colleagues, manager, and team managers or leads.
- Contributes actively to team activities and is a team player.
- Builds productive internal and external working relationships.
- Use compelling and evidence-based arguments to convey insights, recommendations, conclusions and ideas on how to improve the Bank.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Experience as a business analyst in strategy consulting, investment banking, venture capital, or similar fields.
- Experience in writing, editing, or reviewing technical documents in the regulatory or banking space.
- Proficiency with basic SQL programming and database operations.
- Experience coordinating with diverse stakeholder groups.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have experience in a banking, regulatory, and/or startup environment.
- You have experience coding or participating in the governance of digital assets.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: $97,000 - $136,000/yr - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. ****We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market-leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally.
- You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.