Member of Technical Staff, Brokerage
- Participate in task breakdown, estimation, design, implementation and maintenance of trading systems
- Use your knowledge of the trading system domain to influence the technical direction of Anchorage Digital. Advocate for improved processes or technology when appropriate.
- Dive deep into complex, ambiguous problems, formulate elegant and practical solutions
- Review other developer’s code to ensure consistency, reduce errors and share context across the Brokerage engineering team
Complexity and Impact of Work:
- Able to work either independently or as a lead engineer on a team to deliver features
- Capable of breaking down large projects into smaller tasks, and accurately estimating the time and scope of projects. Articulates effectively the different options considered, analyzes trade-offs, justifies and recommends priorities.
- Ensures that knowledge is shared amongst the team and does not position themselves or others as a single point of failure.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Brokerage team and other teams at Anchorage Digital
Communication and Influence:
- Mentors and guides multiple engineers on the team within their area of specialization or domain, and helps others understand the strategic goals of Anchorage and how their work relates to these
- Understands others' context or underlying needs, motivations, emotions or concerns and adjusts communication to ensure maximum impact and effectiveness
You may be a fit for this role, if you have:
- Have experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Golang, Java, C#, C++, Rust.
- Have experience with modern software development practices, including automated unit, integration and end to end testing, cloud development, database design and interaction using MySQL or PostgreSQL and experience using Git.
- Have knowledge of financial asset trading systems and understanding of several (not all) of the following topics: Order Execution Management Systems (OEMS), FIX protocol, market data, low latency application architectures and messaging, matching engines, FX trading, cryptocurrency trading, trading back office systems.
- Have real world experience building financial trading systems.
- Are passionate about good software engineering design and implementation practices (e.g. TDD, SOLID, refactoring, etc).
- Genuinely care about code quality and test infrastructure.
- Have developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- Believe software engineering is a team activity and enjoy collaborating every single day, learning from and mentoring others.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- Have GraphQL API design and implementation experience
- Have gRPC API design and implementation experience
- Have a background in the finance industry.
- Were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: €63,800 - €75,000 - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. ****We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market-leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally.
- You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.