Member of Technical Staff, Protocols
- Deeply research new cryptoassets and integrate them into Anchorage Digital’s platform.
- Implement participatory features that clients need such as staking, governance, vesting, etc.
- Develop abstractions that scale across all crypto-networks
- Support assets through upgrades and monitor for network-wide issues
- Contribute with and review code across the entire stack and engineering organization.
Complexity and Impact of Work:
- Find the right balance between progress (i.e. shipping quickly) and perfection (i.e. measuring twice).
- Foster an efficient deterministic testing culture, with an emphasis on minimizing tech debt and bureaucracy.
- Work on the front lines of the blockchain/crypto movement and SecOps innovation.
- Ship code that will impact the global economy.
- Influence architecture/product roadmap - have a seat at the table.
- Help scale the team.
Communication and Influence:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with everyone.
You may be a fit for this role, if you:
- Have real world experience building complex distributed systems. We mostly use Go, however languages can be learned. We really care about your engineering skills more than any specific language or framework.
- Enjoy building resilient services that can handle different volumes of work without manual intervention
- Genuinely care about code quality and test infrastructure.
- You feel comfortable diving down the stack and into open source projects to root cause a bug.
- Prioritize end-user experience and business value over “cool tech.”
- Have developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- Self describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail oriented, hard working, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action oriented, and tenacious.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have experience with applied cryptography.
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of cryptoasset innovations.
- You have a background in the finance industry.
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: $144,670 -$205,400 - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. ****We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market-leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally.
- You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.