Member of Technical Staff, PlatSec - IT & Security
As a Member of IT & Security, you will:
- Serve as a primary point of contact for IT questions and requests.
- Manage major IT projects, from conception through resource allocation, execution, and ongoing maintenance.
- Contribute to overarching IT policies, standards, and best practices
- Collaborate with Security & People Teams to deliver relevant training.
- Collaborate with Finance and Engineering to optimize software and equipment costs.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have deep familiarity and a proven track record of employing IT & Security concepts and program management practices, with optional knowledge of first line cybersecurity response.
- Are an IT professional who is interested in expanding your career towards information security.
- Have a passion for being a force multiplier for a fast moving startup company.
- Enjoy creating, automating, and optimizing observable, repeatable, auditable processes.
- Have baseline scripting skills in a language such as python or shell.
- Have baseline log analysis skills.
- Have played a part in cross-functional projects and have experience collaborating with your team, and adjacent teams to solve problems, assist and give training on IT best practices to other team members.
- Have excellent soft skills, including, the ability to adapt communication for both internal and external stakeholders in an effective manner, bridging gaps with empathy and proactive communication.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have any relevant information security certifications.
- You are familiar with audited processes and how to collect evidence.
- You have advanced scripting or programming skills, even if in a personal context.
- You have deep familiarity with any of the following topics: Cloud logging and monitoring, Infrastructure-as-code; terraform, Network traffic analysis and threat hunting, Google Cloud Platform & Google Workspace, Third Party Security Due Diligence, Data center operations.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)