Member of Technical Staff, Platform Engineering
As a Platform Engineer, you will:
- Design and build a globally distributed hybrid-infrastructure with an emphasis on high stakes security and correctness.
- Manage GCP while maintaining secure channels with our on-prem data centers.
- Leverage the following methodologies/tech: Reverse uptime, tamper-resistant ledgers, air-gapped infrastructure, secure execution environments, repeatable builds, container orchestration, and infra-as-code.
- Review code across the entire stack and engineering organization while actively participating in product development.
- Find the right balance between progress (i.e. shipping quickly) and perfection (i.e. measuring twice).
- Foster an efficient deterministic testing culture, with an emphasis on minimizing tech debt and bureaucracy.
- Influence architecture/product roadmap - have a seat at the table.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with everyone.
- Help scale the team.
- Work on the front lines of the blockchain/crypto movement and SecOps innovation.
- Ship code that will impact the global economy.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Love Linux.
- Have experience with one of the major cloud providers (ideally GCP and/or AWS) and config management tools like Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Are comfortable racking and stacking physical infrastructure and managing hybrid environments.
- Care deeply about correctness, security, code quality, and test infrastructure.
- Are knowledgeable about networking protocols.
- Enjoy programming, infra-as-code, monitoring, and automation.
- Have leveraged container technology in production.
- Prioritize end-user experience and business value over “cool tech.”
- Have developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- Self-describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action-oriented, and tenacious.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have experience with ChromeOS.
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of crypto asset innovations.
- You have a background in the finance industry.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data informed and all full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: $140,870 - $250,000/yr - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks. For sales and business development roles, the range provided is the On Target Earnings (“OTE”) which is inclusive of base salary + sales commissions/bonuses targets for the position.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market leading benefits to our employees. In fact, we are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees in the United States, Portugal, and Singapore. You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
Something looks off?