Accounting Team Lead (Assistant Controller)
As the Accounting Team Lead you will:
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities, including reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and supporting documentation across all Anchorage entities.
- Supervise and review the work of General Ledger accounting team of 4, ensuring team deadlines for month-end close deliverables are met and in accordance with operating procedures/controls.
- Develop and implement GL related policies and procedures to ensure compliance with US GAAP and internal operational policies/procedures.
- Drive the monthly financial close process, interacting across stakeholders to produce timely, efficient and accurate monthly consolidated financials and flux analysis.
- Partner cross-functionally to make improvements in scalability across all accounting processes.
- Partner with Treasury and the business to monitor day-to-day operations and cash/digital asset flow, including supporting new and existing banking relationships and coordinating and approving outgoing wires.
- Support the coordination of the external audit with auditor and tax related matters with tax consultant.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You have an active CPA license and/or accounting degree.
- You’re experienced with audits at a Big-4 public accounting firm AND have experience managing a team at a high-growth pre-IPO startup (ideally in the fintech space).
- You have progressive experience with consolidations in a multi-currency, multiple legal entity environment, including international entities and foreign currency translation.
- You have an ability to think creatively, problem solve and work cross-functionally on multiple projects.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment while demonstrating attention to detail and consistent follow-through.
- You have strong project management skills with the ability to proactively resolve problems while consistently meeting deadlines.
- You have experience with Enterprise ERP systems (i.e. NetSuite).
- You have advanced analytical and modeling skills with the ability to interpret and analyze data.
- You are detail oriented, self-motivated and passionate about bringing order to chaos.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have experience implementing best-in-class accounting controls for a public technology company and/or financial institution.
- You’re familiar with regulatory finance and operations.
- You've kept up to date with the proliferation of blockchain and crypto innovations.
- You have experience identifying technical and operational accounting gaps and implementing solutions.
- You have experience with multiple subsidiaries, consolidation processes, and international structure.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: $126,000 - $161,000/yr - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks. For sales and business development roles, the range provided is the On Target Earnings (“OTE”) which is inclusive of base salary + sales commissions/bonuses targets for the position.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market-leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally.
- You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
Something looks off?