Partner 18, Technical Talent, Enterprise
Partner 18, Technical Talent, Enterprise
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. We’ve invested in companies like Anduril, Databricks, dbt Labs, Figma, Fivetran, GitHub, Material Security, Okta, Orbit, Starburst, and Navan. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
As a Talent Partner, you'll have the exciting opportunity to collaborate, advise, and establish meaningful relationships with top technical talent and Enterprise portfolio founders. You will play a pivotal role in leveraging your knowledge of talent acquisition strategies to assist talented individuals in achieving their career aspirations while keeping pace in a highly fluid, ever-changing environment.
Your experience across the AI/ML technologies and B2B, SaaS landscape will be highly valued and you must have excellent communication skills in order to build valued relationships with top talent as well as influence/guide leadership teams at our Enterprise portfolio companies.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Build a world class, diverse network of top technical talent including AI/ML software engineers, product managers and designers - and cultivate long term relationships with them.
- Leverage your knowledge and expertise to coach portfolio companies on technical recruiting best practices
- Consistently cultivate robust, diverse talent pipelines
- Develop cutting-edge sourcing and recruiting strategies that deliver exceptional results
- Strategically utilize social media, networks, blogs and research methods to identify top talent
- Meticulously track data, extrapolate insights and take action
- Conduct thorough and unbiased evaluations of candidates
- Stay abreast of market trends including the use of AI in the start-up ecosystem
- Cultivate long-term relationships
- 5+ years of full cycle recruiting experience
- Experience working in a startup
- Passion and experience recruiting AI/ML engineering talent across various industries and technology stacks
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong talent focus and commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to develop and execute against innovative talent development strategies
- Comprehensive knowledge of how to build diversity & inclusion recruiting strategies
- Deep understanding of recruiting operations; candidate experience, systems, tools, interview process, and recruiting metrics
- Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail
- Self Starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong “consultative skills” and the ability to build strong relationships with talent and portfolio companies
The anticipated salary range for this role is between $167,000-$195,000, actual starting pay may vary based on a range of factors which can include experience, skills, and scope.
This role is eligible to participate in the a16z Carry program and various discretionary bonus programs as well as benefit and perquisite plans including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation, and sick leave. #LI-Remote
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.