Partner 32, Security Operations Manager
Partner 32, Security Operations Manager
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. We’ve invested in companies like Affirm, Airbnb, Coinbase, Databricks, Devoted Health, EQRx, Figma, GitHub, Instacart, OpenSea, Roblox, Stripe, and Substack. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
The primary responsibility for the a16z security team is to implement innovative security tools and programs designed to support the business strategies of the firm, including physical offices, global events, and address our unique security requirements. We are seeking a Security Operations Manager for overseeing guard force vendor operations, monitoring security incidents, leading and coordinating special events and ensuring a safe working environment for multiple office locations. Your role will include leading an intelligence-driven daily security operations program and ensuring robust vendor performance. You will also be instrumental in bolstering external partnerships with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies, as well as community organizations.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Implement innovative security tools designed to support the business strategies of a16z
- Collaborate with key partners and communicate creative security strategies
- Plan and execute best in class event security operations plans
- Enhance office physical security program that identifies threats and vulnerabilities
- Evaluate the effectiveness of physical security deployments, emergency response, visitor management, and vendor management
- Supervise all security vendors against a16z issued KPIs and expectations
- Build cross-functional partnerships to support the business strategies of the firm
- Travel to in-office functions and external a16z events
- 5+ years of security industry management experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge in the areas of emergency management, physical security, risk management and business resiliency
- Experience with security technologies such as video management systems and access control
- Proven track record in leading security operations and security personnel
- Law enforcement experience a plus but not required
- Supervise all security vendors in alignment with a16z issued KPIs and expectations
- This role will require 20-30% travel
- Certification in related security fields preferred but not required:
- CPP (Certified Protection Professional)
- PSP (Physical Security Professional)
- ICS (Incident Command Systems)
The anticipated salary range for this role is between $248,000-$289,000, actual starting pay may vary based on a range of factors which can include experience, skills, and scope.
This role is eligible to participate in the a16z Carry program and various discretionary bonus programs as well as benefit and perquisite plans including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation, and sick leave.
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.