Partner 20, Event Content Manager, Crypto
Partner 20, Event Content Manager, Crypto
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
The a16z Event Content Manager is a newly created role responsible for developing and managing the content program for a16z’s Crypto Startup School (CSS). As a member of the crypto marketing team, this role will work closely with the events, brand, communications, and editorial teams to develop a compelling and educational program for both the founders participating in Crypto Startup School, and the larger audience viewing the content online. This includes identifying and bringing in outside speakers, working with the a16z team to develop presentations, and managing the production of the content both in person and online. This person will have an interest in web3, be interested and eager to work with early-stage startups, and bring a high level of excellence to the program.
This role will be based in Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Develop a full programming slate for CSS including fireside chats, presentations and roundtables that bring relevant topics to life with compelling speakers, presentations and visuals
- Partner with both a16z and outside speakers to prepare them and manage logistics for the execution of the event curriculum/programming
- Collaborate with design resources to develop engaging, insightful, and impactful presentations
- Partner with AV production and live event vendors to ensure a smooth in-person attendee experience, while also ensuring high-quality audio and video capture of assets for online/social distribution
- Work with the CSS teams and the a16z crypto team to prepare for and execute ‘Demo Day’, a large-scale live presentation event at the culmination of the program, where the CSS teams present their projects to prospective investors
- Own all production documentation, ‘Ask’ letters, briefing docs, timelines/schedules and all general communication threads
- 7+ years of events experience with a focus on programing for live events
- Experience working in tech with a strong bonus for crypto/web3 experience
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently on projects from start to finish
- Strong collaborator and effective communicator across all levels of the organization
- A real passion for bringing programs and events together through strong content
- Flawless/Brilliant execution with the ability to understand and communicate how every detail matters
- Experience partnering with events teams including A/V and production
- Approaches all work with an organized and efficient mentality
- Intellectual curiosity, including an interest in technology
- An executive presence: present and thoughtful in meetings, the agility to pivot and adapt the content execution as needed, and also take direction and feedback
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to support CSS
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated good judgment
The anticipated salary range for this role is between $220,000-$257,000, actual starting pay may vary based on a range of factors which can include experience, skills, and scope.
This role is eligible to participate in the a16z carry program and various discretionary bonus programs as well as benefit and perquisite plans including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation, and sick leave.
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.