Partner 6, Executive Assistant, Menlo Park
Partner 6, Executive Assistant, Menlo Park
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. We’ve invested in companies like Affirm, Airbnb, Coinbase, Databricks, Devoted Health, EQRx, Figma, GitHub, Instacart, OpenSea, Roblox, Stripe, and Substack. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
The Executive Assistant will work closely with top-level Executives. This is an opportunity to work alongside individuals who are driven by excellence and a passion for technology. The ideal candidate is a team player with exceptional communication skills, meticulous attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills. This role supports General Partners, and requires the ability to juggle competing responsibilities while prioritizing. Daily responsibilities include calendar management, coordinating meetings, travel and logistics, and prioritizing across multiple leaders. We are looking for someone with strong experience working with executive teams in fast-paced environments, and the ability to handle sensitive information with excellent judgment, diplomacy and discretion.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Build and cultivate long-term relationships.
- Handle highly confidential information and documents with discretion and confidentiality.
- Manage and maintain multiple executive calendars, including recurring meetings, prioritizing appropriately and using good judgment in offering solutions to complex scheduling and meeting planning needs.
- Meetings will include Board meetings, Executive off-sites and ongoing staff meetings. This includes but is not limited to, attendee communications, venue management/coordination, audio/video set-up and management as needed, catering and program material preparation.
- Proactively manage communication, and respond to urgent inquiries from internal / external stakeholders on the executives’ behalf
- Process and track expenses in a timely manner for the executives.
- Operate with exceptional attention to detail. Anticipate potential changes or shifts in priorities amidst simultaneous demands for attention.
- Provide overall data management to executives. Inclusive of:
- Organize and compile to facilitate exec presentations.
- Track and drive completion of key deliverables, proactively following up on outstanding items as needed.
- Provide innovative and creative methods for continued improvements to administrative processes as the company scales.
- 8+ years of high level experience supporting multiple senior level executives.
- A strong team player, who thrives in a collaborative setting and works well within a matrixed environment, poised and able to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Proactive, positive and personable with excellent communication skills and an upbeat, “can do” attitude- willing to take initiative with confidence.
- Resilient, with ability to manage multiple projects and deliver quality work to deadlines.
- Discretion, diplomacy and excellent judgment; high degree of integrity when dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong calendar management and prioritization skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Gmail, Google Calendar as well as key applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Zoom.
- This role requires onsite presence in Menlo Park and San Francisco as needed.
The anticipated salary range for this role is between $149,000 - $165,000, actual starting pay may vary based on a range of factors which can include experience, skills, and scope.
This role is eligible to participate in the a16z carry program and various discretionary bonus programs as well as benefit and perquisite plans including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation, and sick leave.
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.