Sr. Brand Designer
At 0x, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We’re a mission-driven and diverse team composed of world class talent from Coinbase, Google, Meta, Bitso, Citi, Spotify and other top companies. We are a remote-first and fully distributed company, with team members located across all of the continents besides Antarctica. As early pioneers in the space, we’ve made significant technical contributions to various Ethereum standards over the years; fun fact - our team helped establish the NFT token standard (ERC721).
In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
Founded in 2017, 0x created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: the open-source, global backbone for decentralized exchange. Alongside the core protocol, we also build and maintain products and service offerings including Matcha, the search engine for tokens, and 0x’s suite of APIs for exchange infrastructure. All of these offerings allow 0x to continue marching towards our vision of building a tokenized world where all value can flow freely at the best prices and with the lowest transaction costs. This way, we can help businesses eliminate the complexity of accessing decentralized markets across all layers of the Web3 exchange stack and have more time to focus on what matters most: their product.
0x and Matcha currently supports 9 major blockchains: Ethereum, Polygon, Fantom, Avalanche, Arbitrum, Optimism, BNB Chain, Base, and Celo, the 0x ecosystem has been rapidly expanding. With integrations across all of the top wallets and apps, including MetaMask, Coinbase Wallet and Coinbase NFT, Polygon Wallet, Brave, Matcha, dYdX, Zapper, Zerion, and Shapeshift, 0x is fast becoming the trusted standard for all decentralized exchange.
We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in nearly ten countries and over twice as many cities. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time. We’ll consider your application regardless of where you call home.
YOUR ROLE AS A SR. BRAND DESIGNER AT 0x:
0x is seeking a dynamic and creative Senior Brand Designer to join our rapidly expanding team.
2023 was a massive year for us: we’ve built a Marketing team composed of 7 team members, established our foundations, launched multiple products and started testing new campaigns, channels and significantly improving our brand presence in the space. In 2024, we want to hit the accelerator and rapidly grow our user and customer bases, 10x our awareness and elevate our visual presence above and beyond. We need a Sr Brand Designer who wants to have an amazing story to tell within our team.
This role is crucial for elevating our visual language and brand presence across multiple platforms, and is the missing piece in our Marketing strategy. The ideal candidate will be excited about the sea of opportunities that this moment within our team and strategy brings the space for. This candidate will be adept at handling the unique challenges and opportunities of working with our two brands, 0x and Matcha, and will play a pivotal role in shaping our marketing and brand strategy. 0x.org and matcha.xyz
If you have these skills and want to have the ride of a lifetime within crypto, this role is for you.
- Be the first Designer in the Marketing team. Until now, our Product Designers lent a hand to Marketing, but it is now time to have someone dedicated to drive this important role forward.
- You will co-manage our relationship with an agency that supports us in Graphic Design, Illustration and Video Motion when needed.
- You will own the Design and all visual aspects of two leading brands in web3, 0x and Matcha.
- Develop and implement innovative design strategies for 0x and Matcha, ensuring a cohesive and impactful brand presence.
- Collaborate closely with marketing, growth and branding to create visually compelling designs for various campaigns and projects.
- Play a key role in establishing effective work processes between the design and marketing teams, enhancing collaboration and productivity.
- Drive the creative evolution of our brands, ensuring they remain bold, noticeable, and aligned with market trends.
- Lead the design aspect of our event presence, including strategy and execution for major industry events.
- 6+ Years of Proven Senior Brand Designer, with a strong portfolio showcasing brand evolution and impactful design campaigns.
- Exceptional skills in Graphic Design, Brand Design, Art Direction.
- Expertise in collaborating with marketing teams and contributing creative insights to brand strategies.
- Ability to work strategically yet remain agile and scrappy, adapting to the dynamic needs of startup environments.
- Passion for the crypto and Web3 space, with a keen understanding of industry trends and consumer behavior.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, capable of working closely with cross-functional teams.
- Prior in-house brand design experience, ideally in a fintech or crypto-focused company.
- Comfortable co-leading projects that involve Illustration, Video Motion, Web Design.
- A track record of managing multiple brand initiatives and navigating the complexities of working with different brand identities.
- Experience in orchestrating successful design strategies for B2B and B2C segments.
- East Coast US to work with teams in Europe and West Coast US.
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA for U.S.-based employees
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions)
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Lunch reimbursement for all employees across the globe!
- Stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up: laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in the SF Financial District for those in the region!
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
- Multiple annual in-person team meet-ups around the globe
0x and its associated entities are dedicated to fostering diversity, inclusion, and belonging in its teams and workforce, and are proud to be equal opportunity employers. 0x does not make employment or hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, or any other basis that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. 0x will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a way that is consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws. Salary range is $75k-170k